Newcastle under Lyme BID are excited to announce that they are holding a competition to design a brand (Logo) for Newcastle under Lyme Town Centre. The winning design which will be picked by judges made up both local and experienced design professionals, will be used on a whole range of things including signage, websites, printed material and social media.
Important dates for Competition
Mon 11th Sept
Fri 6th Oct
Wed 11th Oct
Tues 17th Oct
Paul Collins, BID Manager says
“Like any organisation, the brand is so important and this should be the same for the town centre. At present, the town has no real identity and when trying to promote this outside the area, it’s not easy and it also sends mixed messages. This is a great opportunity for people of all ages to submit their ideas of how they identify this great town.“
In October, the designs will be shortlisted by a judging panel. The winner will not only see their design in years to come all over Newcastle under Lyme but will also win a HP All in one Computer worth over £600.
Brief for designing a brand
To design a brand which can identify Newcastle under Lyme Town Centre as a place to live, work, stay and shop. The brand needs to work both in colour and in black and white and can be used on a wide range of marketing platforms including websites, printed material, social media platforms and uniform.
While designing a brand, it is important to not only look at the future of the town but also to remember the visions of the town as a place for markets and heritage.
Colours and sizes
The colours you select for your design must be able to be identifiable on all types of print and online no matter the size it is used. Sizes for the design need to work as profile images on social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram etc.) as a header image on websites (rectangle).
The competition is to design a brand which will be used to identify Newcastle under Lyme Town Centre. Once you submit your design the ownership of the winning design will become the full property of Newcastle under Lyme BID. From this point, all rights of the design will become the property of the BID and as such, you cannot charge, change, copyright or have no ownership rights from this point forward.
Competition Entry Submission Form
Terms and Conditions
- There is no age limits for entry.
- Submissions will only be accepted by those who either work or live within Newcastle under Lyme area.
- Designs cannot include any other image, font or any other copyrighted content
- The design can only be submitted electronically by uploading it via our website.
- The judge’s decision is final.
- No submissions will be accepted after the closing date.
- Entries to this competition from those who are aged sixteen years old or younger must have parents/Guardian’s permission to take part.
- The BID reserves the right to extend or change the dates of the competition if it is required to do so.
- The prize is an HP All in One which includes a 24″ Screen, Wireless mouse and keyboard, Windows 10, 1TB HDD Storage and 8 GB RAM and built in Wifi. No other prizes or cash alternative available.