Linkedin Training with Roy Johnson
Newcastle Under Lyme BID (Business Improvement District) in conjunction with King Street Studios are producing a range of training and support sessions for businesses within the BID. A evening of exploring effective networking. You will learn about the benefits of Linkedin and how to make the best use of them.
The sessions will be lead by experienced and knowledgable businesses within the field, giving real examples and practical suggestions to help support your business.
The three hour training session will cover the basics of getting started on LinkedIn. Participants will learn how to:
- Add content to their profile
- a profile photo
- Write posts
- Publish articles
- Follow groups/companies
- Comment/share other posts
- Ask for a recommendation for their work from a client
- Endorse other for their skills
At the end of the session, they will have made progress on starting their profile and know how to make changes and updates to it.
To maximise the time spent at this session, attendees ideally must:
- Bring a laptop or tablet to use in the session
- Be able to connect to the Wi-Fi at the venue
- Already have signed up to LinkedIn and have a profile ready to develop.
- Bring a headshot/ appropriate photo ready to upload.
- Prepare a 100 word summary of themselves ready to upload and edit.
- Bring a rough copy of their CV that they can enter into their profile.
- Have an idea of someone they can request a recommendation from.
- Have an appropriate file ready to upload to their profile e.g. YouTube video or PowerPoint or other relevant file.
- Have a recent blog or short piece of content to be published as an article.
The session, will be fun and interactive, with opportunities to share and discuss effective ideas along with time to put some of it into practice.
The session at King Street Studios from 6pm till 9pm , where Refreshments are included throughout the seminar.
This training opportunity is fully funded by the Newcastle under Lyme BID for all employees of BID levy payers ONLY.
Any questions then please contact the King Street Studios team on 01782 971014.