Newcastle under Lyme BID will develop a distinctive, safe, attractive and appealing experience for visitors, students, residents and workers in Newcastle under Lyme to enjoy.
UNIFORMED RANGERS ON THE STREETS TO:
- help promote the area, to welcome visitors and support events
- support businesses in tackling and communicating issues
- work with the Police in tackling anti-social behaviour and crime issues.
- A diverse evening and night time leisure offer for people of all ages
- Work closely with the Authorities and other car park operators to improve the “parking experience”
ACCESS, SIGNAGE AND LIGHTING
- Better signage, lighting and access to improve pedestrian flow through different parts of the town and its businesses.
EVENTS AND MARKETS
- Develop markets and events which build the reputation of the town as a great place to be entertained, benefits all businesses and attracts more visitors.
SMART TOWN AND SURROUNDINGS
- Protect and enhance the buildings and other physical attributes of the town.
DRESSING THE TOWN AND SURROUNDINGS
- Additional floral displays and festive and creative lighting.
- Increase numbers of visitors to the town at all times of the day and night
- visitors, clients and customers staying longer, using more businesses and spending more.
- Improved perception of physical attractiveness of the town
- Regular flow of information and sharing of intelligence to support business crime prevention.
- Increased number of events and street entertainment and a greater perception of things happening measured through surveys of visitors.